With Janet back at work today, so began our new years resolutions … and by lunchtime only one remains unbroken; to write a blog of our adventures.
In my defense, Janet didn’t help by missing her train and thus letting me go back to bed for 20 mins.
1) Get up early to start the day ahead of schedule.
Then again, another had only lasted as long as it’d taken me to find the key for the back door.
2) Stop smoking.
And so they continued to fall. By 10am we were still not dressed and were sat in the front room watching Something Special, having already watched The Bopps, Peppa Pig, Humf, and Show me, Show me.
3) Washed and dressed by 9am.
4) No TV till after breakfast.
My three brews and a jaffa cake had put pay to two more.
5) Cut back on the caffeine.
6) Have a healthy breakfast.
By 11am Sonny and Luca had already fought over a piece of toast, shared in a poo-fest, and thrown a tantrum over having to change their nappy and put some socks on.
7) Less squabbling.
8 ) Luca to stop sharing his poo between three consecutive nappy changes.
9) Sonny to keep his socks on, at least long enough for me to get his shoes.
And so it continued throughout lunchtime.
10) Luca to use his fork.
11) Sonny to stay at the table until we’ve all finished eating.
Resolution number twelve is as yet unbroken, but if I’m honest, it will be as soon as I finish this blog entry.
12) Don’t use the boys afternoon nap as an excuse to nap myself.
Oh well, at least we managed to get our library books back this morning before they were overdue; if only we’d made that a resolution!?!